400 N. Market Boulevard
P.O. Box 419
Chehalis, WA 98532-0419
Library Manager: Lily Grant
||10 am - 8 pm|
||10 am - 7 pm|
||10 am - 7 pm|
||10 am - 6 pm|
||10 am - 5 pm|
Chehalis Library services:
- Books, DVDs, CDs, newspapers and magazines for all ages and interests.
- Downloadable audiobooks, ebooks, videos and music.
- Public computers with Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Online Reference Databases, including: online magazines and newspapers, encyclopedias, auto manuals, standardized tests.
- Free wireless Internet access
- Programs and events for children and adults.
- A public meeting room can be reserved for community meetings and programs by calling the Library.
- Local Friends group - Call the Library for more information.
About the Library:
The new Carnegie-inspired Vernetta Smith Chehalis Timberland Library opened to the public on November 4, 2008. The Grand Opening Ceremony for the new Vernetta Smith Chehalis Timberland was on Saturday, October 18.
The library features 9,000 square feet, a large community room and Washington’s first drive-through library window. The ADA compliant building includes spaces especially for children and teens as well as comfortable reading areas. In addition, there is a small conference room and two small study rooms.
Private donations large and small provided most of the funding. The library is named in honor of the mother of former Chehalis resident, Orin Smith, the new library’s chief donor.
The new library was built on the site of the previous Chehalis Library and Chehalis City Hall. The old Chehalis Library was a Carnegie building erected in 1910. The building was significantly remodeled after an earthquake in 1949. Chehalis joined the library district in 1970.
Statistics 2015 / Population Estim. 2015:
- Circulation: 195,866
- Visits to Library: 148,659
- Population: 7,365
- Status: Annexed city, city-owned building
- Square Footage: 9,000
|Chehalis Timberland Library||Sat., Nov. 25||1:00 PM|
|Its National Novel Writing Month! Drop-in with your laptop or notebook and join other local writers for dedicated writing time most Saturday afternoons in November. The library will be closed on Saturday, November 11. Refreshments provided by the Friends of the Chehalis Timberland Library.|
|Chehalis Timberland Library||Wed., Nov. 29||10:00 AM|
|Join in a program of short stories, songs, rhymes and knee bounces. Discover the joy of early language with your baby. Each baby must be accompanied by an adult lap. After the program, adults can visit while babies play with toys and sturdy books.|
|Dungeons and Dragons for Teens|
|Chehalis Timberland Library||Thu., Nov. 30||4:00 PM|
|Seeking adventurers to embark on an epic quest. Come play Dungeons and Dragons in the Library. Our band of heroes will take a journey through fantastical lands and defeat mighty foes. Bring your sense of adventure! Beginners are welcome. Snacks provided by the Friends of the Chehalis Timberland Library. |
|Preschool Storytime |
|Chehalis Timberland Library||Fri., Dec. 01||10:00 AM|
|Stories, songs, and activities for preschoolers and their participating caregivers.|