400 N. Market Boulevard
P.O. Box 419
Chehalis, WA 98532-0419
Library Manager: Kayce Austin
||10 am - 8 pm|
||10 am - 7 pm|
||10 am - 7 pm|
||10 am - 6 pm|
||10 am - 5 pm|
Chehalis Library services:
- Books, DVDs, CDs, newspapers and magazines for all ages and interests.
- Downloadable audiobooks, ebooks, videos and music.
- Public computers with Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Online Reference Databases, including: online magazines and newspapers, encyclopedias, auto manuals, standardized tests.
- Free wireless Internet access
- Programs and events for children and adults.
- A public meeting room can be reserved for community meetings and programs by calling the Library.
- Local Friends group - Call the Library for more information.
About the Library:
The new Carnegie-inspired Vernetta Smith Chehalis Timberland Library opened to the public on November 4, 2008. The Grand Opening Ceremony for the new Vernetta Smith Chehalis Timberland was on Saturday, October 18.
The library features 9,000 square feet, a large community room and Washington’s first drive-through library window. The ADA compliant building includes spaces especially for children and teens as well as comfortable reading areas. In addition, there is a small conference room and two small study rooms.
Private donations large and small provided most of the funding. The library is named in honor of the mother of former Chehalis resident, Orin Smith, the new library’s chief donor.
The new library was built on the site of the previous Chehalis Library and Chehalis City Hall. The old Chehalis Library was a Carnegie building erected in 1910. The building was significantly remodeled after an earthquake in 1949. Chehalis joined the library district in 1970.
Statistics 2015 / Population Estim. 2015:
- Circulation: 195,866
- Visits to Library: 148,659
- Population: 7,365
- Status: Annexed city, city-owned building
- Square Footage: 9,000
|Movie Matinee |
|Chehalis Timberland Library||Wed., Jul. 27||3:30 PM|
|Beat the heat and see a movie at the library. Popcorn and refreshments will be provided. Sponsored by the Friends of the Vernetta Smith Chehalis Timberland Library. This event is part of Summer Reading, a Timberland Regional Library district-wide program. |
|Adult Coloring Party|
|Chehalis Timberland Library||Thu., Jul. 28||5:00 PM|
|Join us for a coloring party! Recent studies show coloring isn't just for kids anymore due to the calming effects that coloring has on the brain. Supplies will be provided, but feel free to bring your own. Refreshments provided by the Friends of the Chehalis Timberland Library.|
|Wacky Fitness Challenge |
|Chehalis Timberland Library||Sat., Jul. 30||All Day|
|Bend and balance, climb and crawl your way to fun at the librarys fitness challenge. Test your strength and flexibility, and step up your game. Find all the hidden fitness activities and win a prize. Sponsored by the Friends of the Vernetta Smith Chehalis Timberland Library. This event is part of Summer Reading, a Timberland Regional Library district-wide program.|