121 South 4th Street
P.O. Box 660
McCleary, WA 98557-0660
Library Manager: Karen Kienenberger
||10 am - 5 pm|
||10 am - 5 pm|
||1 pm - 8 pm|
||10 am - 4 pm|
McCleary Library services:
- Books, DVDs, CDs, newspapers and magazines for all ages and interests.
- Downloadable audiobooks, ebooks, videos and music.
- Public computers with Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Online Reference Databases, including: online magazines and newspapers, encyclopedias, auto manuals, standardized tests.
- Free wireless Internet access
- Programs and events for children and adults.
- A public meeting room can be reserved for community meetings and programs by calling the Library.
- Local Library Board and Friends group - Call the Library for more information.
About the Library:
The current McCleary Library opened in 2003 as a result of a joint project of the City of McCleary, Timberland and the Friends of the McCleary Library. The current 2112 square foot building was formerly a video store which was remodeled and expanded to provide more space for materials, computers, and programs. The old building had been Timberland's smallest library at just over 600 square feet.
The City of McCleary contracted for library service from TRL in 1969 and annexed to the district in 1982. The McCleary library was closed December 1985 and the McCleary Book Nook was established. The Book Nook, which was run by volunteers, was not a full service library and served as a convenient access and referral point to the full range of TRL's resources and services. A full service library was reopened February 1988.
Statistics 2015 / Population Estim. 2015:
- Circulation: 20,171
- Visits to Library: 16.232
- Population: 1,680
- Status: Annexed city, city-owned building
- Square Footage: 2,112
| WonderWorks Simple Machines|
|McCleary Timberland Library||Tue., Jul. 25||2:00 PM|
|Explore activities that build math, science, and creative thinking skills. This event is part of Summer Reading, a Timberland Regional Library district-wide program. |
|McCleary Timberland Library||Wed., Jul. 26||10:30 AM|
|Music, movement and books for the whole family. All ages welcome. Children must be accompanied by a participating adult. This event is part of Summer Reading, a Timberland Regional Library district-wide program. |