313 8th Avenue SE
Olympia, WA 98501-1307
Library Manager: Donna Feddern
||11 am - 8 pm|
||11 am - 8 pm|
||11 am - 7 pm|
||11 am - 7 pm|
||10 am - 6 pm|
||10 am - 5 pm|
Olympia Library services:
- Books, DVDs, CDs, newspapers and magazines for all ages and interests.
- Downloadable audiobooks, ebooks, videos and music.
- Public computers with Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Online Reference Databases, including: online magazines and newspapers, encyclopedias, auto manuals, standardized tests.
- Free wireless Internet access
- Programs and events for children and adults.
- A public meeting room can be reserved for community meetings and programs by calling the Library.
- Local Library Board and Friends group - Call the Library for more information.
- Visit the Friends of the Olympia Timberland Library website.
About the Library:
In November 2013 the City of Olympia installed 33 solar panels on the Olympia Library rooftop. See more information about the solar panels including real time usage data.
In December of 1896, the Women’s Club of Olympia established a library service with “reading matter” donated by citizens. In March 1909, the city offered to take over the collection of some 900 volumes and maintain a public library.
The Olympia library was housed in a Carnegie building at 7th and Franklin until 1978 when a new library was built and opened at 8th and Franklin. Olympia joined the Timberland library district in 1968.
The library underwent extensive remodels in 2000 and 2008. In 2000, the building was recarpeted and painted; a meeting room was converted to additional space for the children's area; and new public computers, computer stations, a teen area and shelving for about 10,000 additional items were added. In 2008, the circulation and information desks were replaced, the building was recarpeted and painted in bright, warm colors, the lounge furniture was replaced, and the computer stations were refurbished.
- Circulation: 866,186
- Visits to Library: 470,894
- Population: 47,500
- Status: Annexed city, city-owned building
- Square Footage: 19606
|Olympia Timberland Library||Tue., Oct. 28||10:15 AM|
|Discover the joy of early language with your baby. Each baby must be accompanied by an adult lap. After the program, adults can visit while babies play with toys and sturdy books. The program begins before the library opens, no other library services are available.|
|Olympia Timberland Library||Tue., Oct. 28||6:30 PM|
|Join a book discussion group for kids, ages 9-12. The group's mission: finding and talking about books impossible to put down! Space is limited to 15 attendees. Please register by calling 352-0595 or stopping by the youth desk starting on September 30. Sponsored by the Friends of the Olympia Timberland Library. |
|Toddler Story Time|
|Olympia Timberland Library||Wed., Oct. 29||10:15 AM|
|Join in a program of simple stories, rhymes, songs and movement games that children and adults can enjoy together. Adults must accompany toddlers. The program begins before the library opens, no other library services will be available.|
|Preschool Story Time|
|Olympia Timberland Library||Thu., Oct. 30||10:15 AM|
|Join in a program of stories, rhymes, songs and movement games. Parents or caregivers are welcome to attend with their children. The program begins before the library opens, no other library services are available. |