313 8th Avenue SE
Olympia, WA 98501-1307
Library Manager: Morgan Sohl
||11 am - 8 pm|
||11 am - 8 pm|
||11 am - 7 pm|
||11 am - 7 pm|
||10 am - 6 pm|
||10 am - 5 pm|
Olympia Library services:
- Books, DVDs, CDs, newspapers and magazines for all ages and interests.
- Downloadable audiobooks, ebooks, videos and music.
- Public computers with Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Online Reference Databases, including: online magazines and newspapers, encyclopedias, auto manuals, standardized tests.
- Free wireless Internet access
- Programs and events for children and adults.
- A public meeting room can be reserved for community meetings and programs by calling the Library.
- Local Library Board and Friends group - Call the Library for more information.
- Visit the Friends of the Olympia Timberland Library website.
About the Library:
In November 2013 the City of Olympia installed 33 solar panels on the Olympia Library rooftop. See more information about the solar panels including real time usage data.
In December of 1896, the Women’s Club of Olympia established a library service with “reading matter” donated by citizens. In March 1909, the city offered to take over the collection of some 900 volumes and maintain a public library.
The Olympia library was housed in a Carnegie building at 7th and Franklin until 1978 when a new library was built and opened at 8th and Franklin. Olympia joined the Timberland library district in 1968.
The library underwent extensive remodels in 2000 and 2008. In 2000, the building was recarpeted and painted; a meeting room was converted to additional space for the children's area; and new public computers, computer stations, a teen area and shelving for about 10,000 additional items were added. In 2008, the circulation and information desks were replaced, the building was recarpeted and painted in bright, warm colors, the lounge furniture was replaced, and the computer stations were refurbished.
Statistics 2015 / Population Estim. 2015:
- Circulation: 773,515
- Visits to Library: 440,502
- Population: 51,020
- Status: Annexed city, city-owned building
- Square Footage: 19606
|CANCELLED - Comic Book Sale|
|Olympia Timberland Library||Sat., Aug. 27||10:00 AM|
|This event has been cancelled.|
|Olympia Timberland Library||Tue., Aug. 30||6:30 PM|
|Join a book discussion group for kids, ages 9-12. The group's mission: finding and talking about books impossible to put down! Space is limited, so make sure to sign up for this program in advance. Call 360-352-0595 or stop by the Youth Services Desk for more information about registration. Refreshments and books will be provided. Sponsored by the Friends of the Olympia Timberland Library.|
|Listen Here: A Lunch Break Story Time for Adults|
|Olympia Timberland Library||Fri., Sep. 02||12:10 PM|
|Corey Snow, professional audiobook narrator and voice actor, will entertain and inspire us with selections from the wide, wonderful world of short fiction. This month Snow will read the beloved P.G. Wodehouse story, Jeeves and the Impending Doom. Bring your lunch or your knitting, but most importantly, bring your imagination.|
|Teen Tech Tutors: Drop-In Computer Help|
|Olympia Timberland Library||Fri., Sep. 02||4:30 PM|
|Learn basic computer skills by working one-on-one with the library's great teen volunteers. Tutors are available on a first come, first served basis. Call 360-352-0595 or stop by for more information.|