210 Prairie Park Street
Yelm, WA 98597-7699
Library Manager: Nicole Thode
||10 am - 8 pm|
||10 am - 8 pm|
||10 am - 8 pm|
||10 am - 6 pm|
||10 am - 5 pm|
Yelm Library services:
- Books, DVDs, CDs, newspapers and magazines for all ages and interests.
- Downloadable audiobooks, ebooks, videos and music.
- Public computers with Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Online Reference Databases, including: online magazines and newspapers, encyclopedias, auto manuals, standardized tests.
- Free wireless Internet access
- Programs and events for children and adults.
- A public meeting room can be used for community meetings and programs, but cannot be reserved.
- Local Library Board and Friends group - Call the Library for more information.
About the Library:
On July 17, 2002, the Yelm Library opened in a new, much larger library in the Fay Fuller Building in the Prairie Park development. The library was located in the Yelm City Hall from May 1975 until 1992. On August 18, 1992, the library moved to new expanded quarters in City Hall.
Statistics 2015 / Population Estim. 2015:
- Circulation: 199,409
- Visits to Library: 111,424
- Population: 8,165
- Status: Annexed city, city-owned building
- Square Footage: 8,962
|Yelm Timberland Library||Tue., Oct. 25||5:30 PM|
|Relax and unwind with Coloring Therapy. All supplies and refreshments for this adult coloring program are provided by the Friends of the Yelm Timberland Library.|
|Yelm Timberland Library||Wed., Oct. 26||10:30 AM|
|Music, movement, and books for toddlers and their participating caregivers.|
|Teen Book Club|
|Yelm Timberland Library||Wed., Oct. 26||4:30 PM|
|Come for a discussion of the book "Lois Lane: Fallout" by Gwenda Bond. Stop by the Information Desk to pick up a copy! Refreshments will be provided by the Friends of the Yelm Timberland Library.|
|Project Addiction: Using, Abusing & Recovering from Drugs & Behaviors|
|Yelm Timberland Library||Wed., Oct. 26||6:00 PM|
|Addict-turned-drug counselor Scott A. Spackey shares his experiences of living the life of a drug user entrenched in the illegal activities of the 1990s Los Angeles scene to turning his life around and becoming an author, drug counselor and life coach. Join us as Mr. Spackey shares his personal journey. This program is brought to you in part by the Friends of the Yelm Timberland Library.|
|Yelm Timberland Library||Thu., Oct. 27||10:30 AM|
|Stories, songs, and activities for preschoolers and their participating caregivers.|
|Yelm Timberland Library||Thu., Oct. 27||5:30 PM|
|Join local author Sara Steinberg for an interactive writers' group. Bring your work, your questions, your creativity, and get writing!|
|Builders and Tinkerers|
|Yelm Timberland Library||Sat., Oct. 29||1:00 PM|
|Take the library's collection of technology tools, add lots of LEGO© bricks and you have an afternoon made for Builders and Tinkerers. Come to the library to tweak, test, try out, create, build and program the library's Ozobot robots, Snap Circuits, Makey Makey and LEGO© collection. Sponsored by the Friends of the Yelm Timberland Library.|