Computer and Internet resources in TRL libraries:
Internet computers in all libraries with access to:
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Library catalog
- Reference databases including: online magazines and newspapers, encyclopedias, auto manuals, standardized tests and more.
- Time is limited to 1 hour per day on Internet PCs. See Reserve a PC to reserve a session.
Catalog computers in all libraries with access to:
Kids’ computers in all libraries with access to:
- In the Olympia library, located near print and microform genealogy resources, two Genealogy Computers access only online genealogy resources.
- Catalog Computers in all TRL libraries have access to online Genealogy Reference Databases.
USB devices available in all TRL libraries for use in the library:
- Common Access Card or CAC readers available for military personnel to access websites requiring this type of identification
- Portable DVD drives for reading CD and DVD discs
- Portable Diskette drives for reading and writing to 3.5" diskettes
Copiers with scanning to USB or email:
- All TRL libraries have a black and white copier available to the public which allows scanning to a USB drive or to email.
More about computer use in TRL libraries:
Reserve a PC
Sign up for a session on a library Internet computer.
Using Internet Computers
Information about the PC Reservation system, time limits, saving your files.
Wi-Fi Internet Access
Wi-Fi access to the Internet is available in all TRL libraries. See the FAQ and basic setup information.
Printing from Library Computers
You can print using TRL computers: 50 free pages per week; additional pages cost $0.10/side printed. The 50 free pages limit applies throughout the library district and includes Wi-Fi printing.
Wi-Fi printing is available starting July 2, 2014 in the Tumwater library. It will be added in other libraries in the following several weeks - check with your local library. You can print using your own laptop, tablet or other mobile device: 50 free pages per week; additional pages cost $0.10/side printed. The 50 free pages limit applies throughout the library district and includes printing from Library Computers.
Pay Library Fines & Fees Online
You can pay library fines and fees, including printing charges, online with a credit or debit card.
Computer Use Rules
Rules about computer sessions, printing, filtered Internet, and acceptable use.
Internet Use Policy
TRL Board policy regarding Internet use in the library.
Internet Use Policy Compliance Measures for CIPA and NCIPA
TRL Board approved plan for compliance with the Children's Internet Protection Act.