Interlibrary Loan Service
- If you are looking for a title that isn’t owned by Timberland Regional Library, we may be able to request it from another library for you through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- To submit an online ILL request, click on Interlibrary Loan Request. (You may also submit an ILL request by calling or visiting any Timberland library, or by calling our Ask A Librarian service at 1-800-562-6022 or 704-INFO in the Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater area.)
- Upon receiving your ILL request, Timberland’s ILL staff will locate libraries that own and may be willing to lend the item.
- Once the item has been located and requested, a brief record for the item is created and added to your Holds list on your library account.
- Timberland does not charge for Interlibrary Loans, but some libraries do. This is why we ask how much you are willing to pay to borrow your requested item. We always try to borrower from free locations, and you will never be asked to pay fees that are more than you have agreed to pay. (If you only want items that are free, enter 0.00)
- While most ILL requests are filled within two weeks, some items take longer to obtain. For this reason, please allow 4 to 6 weeks for any items requested through ILL.
- When your ILL arrives, you will be notified in exactly the same way you’re notified when your Timberland hold requests are available. (Note: some items may be restricted to use in the library, such as genealogy materials, reference items, and law books.)
- Not all ILL requests are successful: some libraries won't loan genealogy materials or DVDs, for example. If you’re request cannot be filled, you will be notified and the request will be removed from your holds list.
- TRL patrons may have a maximum of 5 active ILLs, on hold or checked-out, at one time.
- TRL ILL will not borrow the same item for the same patron within a six month period.
- ILLs cannot be renewed. The usual ILL loan period is 3 weeks, unless the lending library has restricted their loan to a shorter period.
- TRL will not accept or process requests from patrons who currently have overdue ILL materials on their accounts, fines or fees in excess of $10, or have no room on their Holds list.
- If you need to cancel an ILL request, contact Ask A Librarian or call your local library branch. Cancelling your hold does not stop the item you requested from being sent from another library, so please contact library staff as soon as possible if you need to cancel your ILL. For this reason, suspending ILL requests on your account will be ineffective.
- Items published within the past year cannot be borrowed through ILL, but will be forwarded to Timberland’s Collection Development Specialists for purchase consideration.