All TRL libraries have public Internet computers. In addition to Internet access, these PCs have Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint installed and access to the library catalog and TRL Reference databases. See Reserve a PC to reserve a session.
What do I need to use an Internet computer?
You are required to use your own TRL Library Card, Internet Card or Visitor Pass.
How do I get a card or pass?
- Library Card: Eligible patrons need valid photo ID, birth date and current address. Minors (under 17) need a parental signature.
- Internet Card: Patrons and long-term visitors who only want Internet access need valid photo ID and birth date.
- Visitor Pass: Short-term visitors from outside TRL's 5-county region need valid photo ID and birth date.
How long can I use the Internet computers?
You have up to 1 hour per day on Internet computers. You may break the time into multiple computer sessions. The 1 hour per day limit applies throughout the TRL system. It is not 1 hour per day per library.
Can I get more time?
Additional time may be allowed at staff discretion based on computer availability and library needs.
What if all the computers are busy?
You can make a reservation by selecting Reserve a PC from the TRL web site or the menu on any catalog computer. You can search for the next available computer or choose from a list of available times.
Can I reserve a computer session in advance?
Yes, you can reserve an computer session up to 7 open days in advance.
What if I forget my reservation details?
Ask library staff for assistance.
What if I am late for my reservation?
Your reservation is held for 10 minutes and then it is canceled. The amount of time you are late is deducted from your 1-hour per day.
Can I save files on library computers?
If you wish to save files, bring your own portable storage device. All library computers support portable USB storage devices that do not require installing software or drivers.
Can the library track what I see on the Internet because I'm using my library card?
No. After your session ends and you log off, all information about any Internet sites you visited is automatically deleted.
|Reserve a Computer: Step by Step
1. Click Reserve a PC from a library computer menu or from the TRL web site. Click OK on the pop-up reminder. Click the Reserve a Computer link.
2. Enter your barcode and PIN and click Submit.
3. Use the map or drop-down box to choose your library and click Go.
4. Search for an available computer. You can search by PC Type or for a specific PC.
5. You will get a list of available times. Click on an available link to reserve a computer.
6. A message will pop up saying the reservation was successful. Click OK.
7. The screen will display the details of your reservation — library, computer name, date and time. Click Print to print your reservation.