Your Timberland Library Card

You can use your Timberland library card to borrow books, magazines, DVDs, and other items from any Timberland library.   If you don't have a library card, you can print a library card application (Solicitud para la Tarjeta de la Biblioteca), complete it and take it to your local Timberland library.

Items you check out of the library have different checkout periods so some items may be due earlier than others.  When you check items out, you will be given a printed receipt with the due dates.  You can check the online catalog in the library, from home, office, or school, or by telephone to see what items you have checked out, overdue, or on hold.

Your library card allows you to have access to Reference Databases that TRL licenses on behalf of its patrons.  If you're in the library, you don't need your card.  If you're outside the library, you need to enter your library card number to search the databases.

You can use your library card to reserve a session on library PCs that have access to the Internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint), and reference databases.


Timberland library cards are available to:

  • Anyone living or owning property in the unincorporated areas of Timberland's 5-county service area:  Grays Harbor, Lewis, Mason, Pacific, and Thurston counties.
  • Anyone living or owning property in cities in the 5-county area that are annexed to or contract with Timberland for library service.  This includes all cities except: Mossyrock, Napavine, Ocean Shores, PeEll, Vader.
  • You may fill out an application in any Timberland Library or print a library card application (Solicitud para la Tarjeta de la Biblioteca), complete it and take it to the library.
  • ID Required: If 17 years old or older, photo identification (ID) with a current address is required. If your ID does not show your current address, provide a piece of mail, a checkbook, a rental agreement, or ask staff for assistance. If under 17, a parent or legal guardian is responsible for the account and must sign the application.
  • Minors under the age of 17 must have a parent’s or legal guardian’s permission, if present, or signature on the library card application.
  • For more information, see the Library Usage and Library Cards Policy.

Non-Resident Cards

Residents of Washington State and Oregon counties contiguous to the TRL Service Area may purchase a non-resident card. The cost of the card is determined by the average cost each household in the Timberland district pays in property taxes for library services. This is recalculated each year to reflect current costs.

In 2015, the price is $86 per year, with the option of a six-month card at $43, a three-month card at $22 or a one-month card at $8.

Reciprocal Borrowing Agreements

Reciprocal borrowing agreements between library systems allow residents of one library district to use the services of another library district. Library users may apply for and have library cards in the other library system.

In general, you must show proof of residence in your "home" library district to get a card in the "other" library district.  The agreements with Seattle Public Library and Longview Public Library require that you show a valid library card in your "home" library in order to apply for a card in the "other" system. 

TRL has reciprocal borrowing agreements with the following library systems. 

  • Fort Vancouver Library System (Clark, Klickitat, Skamania Counties, the City of Woodland, and Yale Precinct in Cowlitz County, except residents of Camas)
  • Jefferson County Library
  • King County Library System (Hunts Point, Yarrow Point not eligible)
  • Kitsap Regional Library (Kitsap County)
  • Longview Public Library (Must show your Longview Public Library card to get a TRL card; must show your TRL card to get a Longview card)
  • North Central Regional Library (Okanogan, Chelan, Douglas, Ferry, Grant Counties) (Conconcully, Hartline, Marlin, Nespelem, Rock Island not eligible.)
  • North Olympic Library System (Clallam County)
  • Pierce County Library (Carbonado, Fircrest, Puyallup, Roy, Ruston, Tacoma not eligible)
  • Puyallup Public Library
  • Seattle Public Library (Must show your Seattle Public Library card to get a TRL card; must show your TRL card to get a Seattle card)
  • Sno-Isle Regional Library (Snohomish, Island Counties) (Everett, Woodway not eligible)
  • Whatcom County Library