In late March 2011 TRL began charging for printing from public Internet computers. In January 2012, printing will be charged for Catalog computers also. Printing is not available from the library wifi network. If you are using wifi and need to print, save your work to a USB deviice or email to yourself, then reserve a session on a library Internet computer to print.
How much does printing cost?
You can print up to 50 free pages per week (Mon-Sat). Additional pages cost $0.10 per page. A page is one side of the paper. There is no charge for printing from TRL web sites (e.g., catalog, TRL events, fines and fees payment receipts, and PC reservations) or for IRS forms. All other printed pages, including TRL reference databases, are chargeable and count towards the 50 free pages per week.
How much am I charged for duplex printing? (Printing on both sides of the paper)
You are charged $0.10 per side.
How do I pay if I need to print more than the allowed free pages?
You need to have money in the Reserve Account associated with your Library Card, Internet Card or Visitor Pass.
How do I add money to the Reserve Account?
- You can add money to your Reserve Account online with a Visa or Mastercard credit or debit card. The minimum transaction for credit/debit cards is $1.00. Go to Pay Fines & Fees Online on the Library web site. You can also add money to your Reserve Account from the Print Manager screens.
- You can give cash to library staff to add to your Reserve Account. Library staff cannot accept debit and credit cards.
What if I get poor print quality?
See library staff for assistance. If the problem is due to a printer malfunction, staff may be able to reprint your job. There are no reprints or refunds for problems caused by faulty web sites or patron error.
Printing: Step by Step
1. Display the page or document you want to print. To be sure you print what you expect to print, use Print Preview.
2. Click the Printer icon or Print link depending on the application. On the print screen you can choose to print all or selected pages. Printers default to 2-sided printing. For resumes, you may want to modify the printer Properties — Finishing tab to print on only one side of the page.
3. If you are printing from a catalog computer, you will be prompted to enter your barcode and PIN. If you are on an Internet PC, you are already logged in and will go directly to step 4.
4. Give your print job a descriptive name like Smith1 or Smith2.
5. On the Print Manager screen, review your print job to be sure it has the expected number of pages. If it looks right, click Print.
6. On the Select Printer screen click Print. At the confirmation message, click OK.
You can print 50 free pages per week. The print week expires on Saturday night. After the 50 free pages, each page costs $0.10.
Pay for Print: Step by Step
If you’ve already printed your 50 free pages for the week and need to pay for printing, the Print Manager screen will display the amount you owe for each print job. It will also display your total charges and account balance.
If you have enough money in your Reserve Account to cover the print charges, the print charge will be deducted from your account and your job will print.
If the total charge is more than your account balance you need to add money before you can print.
Credit/Debit Card Payments: You can use a Visa or MasterCard to add a minimum of $1 to the Reserve Account.
- From the Print Manager screen click the Add to Account button.
- Enter your barcode and PIN.
- Click on the Add to Your Reserve Account button and follow the instructions.
Cash: You can give cash to library staff to add to your reserve account. Library staff cannot accept debit and credit cards.