Computer and Internet resources in TRL libraries:
Internet computers in all libraries with access to:
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Library catalog
- Reference databases including: online magazines and newspapers, encyclopedias, auto manuals, standardized tests and more.
- Time is limited to 1 hour per day on Internet PCs. See Reserve a PC to reserve a session.
Catalog computers in all libraries with access to:
The Early Literacy Station™ (ELS) by AWE Learning is designed specifically for our youngest patrons ages 2-8. They are bilingual Spanish/English and feature over 4,000 localized learning activities. The fun, interactive and engaging content spans all seven curricular areas: math, science & nature, social studies & geography, reading, art & music, writing & computer skills, and reference.
- In the Olympia library, located near print and microform genealogy resources, two Genealogy Computers access only online genealogy resources.
- Catalog Computers in all TRL libraries have access to online Genealogy Reference Databases.
USB devices available in all TRL libraries for use in the library:
- Common Access Card or CAC readers available for military personnel to access websites requiring this type of identification
- Portable DVD drives for reading CD and DVD discs
- Portable Diskette drives for reading and writing to 3.5" diskettes
Copiers with scanning to USB or email:
- All TRL libraries have a black and white copier available to the public which allows scanning to a USB drive or to email.
More about computer use in TRL libraries:
Reserve a PC
Sign up for a session on a library Internet computer.
Using Internet Computers
Information about the PC Reservation system, time limits, saving your files.
Wi-Fi Internet Access
Wi-Fi access to the Internet is available in all TRL libraries. See the FAQ and basic setup information.
Printing at the Library
Every patron can print up to 100 free pages per week; additional pages cost $0.10/side printed. The 100 free pages limit applies throughout the library district and includes printing from library computers and MobilePrint. MobilePrint lets you submit documents to print via email or by uploading documents using your home computer, laptop, tablet, or smart phone.
Pay Library Fines & Fees Online
You can pay library fines and fees online with a credit or debit card.
Computer Use Rules
Rules about computer sessions, printing, filtered Internet, and acceptable use.
Internet Use Policy
TRL Board policy regarding Internet use in the library.
Internet Use Policy Compliance Measures for CIPA and NCIPA
TRL Board approved plan for compliance with the Children's Internet Protection Act.