Aberdeen Timberland Library

Aberdeen Timberland Library

Staff

Stephenie Reece
Stephenie Reece
Library Manager
360-533-2360

About the Aberdeen Library:

Library service in Aberdeen began in 1890 with the donation of 150 books housed in the Oddfellows Hall.  It then moved to a reading room donated by Jacob Weatherwax in 1891.  After a city ordinance incorporated the library in 1902, it settled into its current location with the construction of a Carnegie building in 1908.  This historical building was replaced with the current library building in 1966.  In November 1998, residents of Aberdeen voted to match funds for renovating and expanding the library.  During the nine-month-long renovation project, the library operated out of temporary quarters.  The renovated library reopened October 2, 2000.

The City of Aberdeen contracted for library service from Timberland Regional Library beginning in 1969.  In 2008 residents voted to annex to TRL for library services.

The Aberdeen Library is a Washington State document depository and has other specialized collections in the area of local history, genealogy, and the Education Job Information Center (EJIC).

Building:

  • Status: Annexed city, city-owned building
  • Square Footage: 17,051