November 28, 2018
TRL's Board of Trustees voted 7-0 to permanently and immediately dissolve the Capital Facilities Proposal, agreeing to allow no closures of existing libraries in the foreseeable future (unless required for health and safety reasons). At this same meeting, the TRL Board unanimously voted to eliminate the special Ad Hoc Committee that was created in October 2018. Beginning in 2019, the Board decided to begin holding an additional board meeting on the second Wednesday of each month (regular board meetings are held on the 4th Wednesday each month) to discuss policies and the implications of a projected budget shortfall. View the press release and the video of the meeting.
October 29, 2018
TRL's new ad hoc committee, made up of TRL Board members Brenda Hirschi, Joe Wheeler,and Brian Zylstra will hold its first meeting on Thursday, November 1 from 5-6 p.m. at the Administrative Service Center in Tumwater.
October 10, 2018
The Board of Trustees voted unanimously at the Special Board Meeting to table the Capital Facilities Proposal until August 1, 2019, agreeing to make no substantial changes to library buildings before that time. An ad hoc board committee will be created to explore elements of the proposal in greater detail along with discussing related policy and budget implications. View the press release and the video of the meeting.
October 4, 2018
The Facilities Committee determined they would recommend not moving the Capital Facilities Proposal forward, using it as a reference document for future meetings. This recommendation will be made to the full board at the special board meeting scheduled for October 10, 2018 at 5:30PM at the Administrative Service Center. View the press release and the tentative agenda.
October 1, 2018
The Board of Trustees Facilities Committee will meet from 5-6 p.m. on Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at the Administrative Service Center, located at 415 Tumwater Blvd. S.W. in Tumwater. While this meeting will not include a public comment period, the meeting is open to the public.
September 27, 2018
This page has been published as a central spot for information about this proposal after the Capital Facilities Proposal was made public on September 25, 2018.
Read the original draft Capital Facilities Proposal (permanently dissolved 11/28/2018) here.
- The Board of Trustees voted to extend the lease for the Mountain View (Randle) Timberland Library for 1 year at the September 26, 2018 board meeting. View the press release.
- The South Bend Timberland Library remains temporarily closed due to an abundance of caution over health and safety issues in the building. TRL is awaiting the final report from L&I and will address the issue at the next Facilities Committee Meeting upon receipt of the L&I report.
- Upcoming Board of Trustees Facilities Committee Meetings are posted here.
- TRL is organizing budget presentations across the 5 counties in the coming months and the meeting dates will be posted to this page.
- The TRL Facilities Policy can be found here.
- The 2018 budget can be found here.
- Read the September 2018 FAQ here.
Current TRL Board Members can be reached at the email addresses below:
- Brian Zylstra, President - Lewis County - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joe Wheeler, President Elect - Thurston County - email@example.com
- Hal Blanton - Lewis County, at large - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bob Hall - Pacific County - email@example.com
- Brenda Hirschi - Mason County - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jenna Noll - Thurston County, at large - email@example.com
- Corby Varness - Grays Harbor County - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to submit your feedback, please fill out the form below or send an email to email@example.com.