In Washington State, you apply for unemployment online through the Employment Security Department or call 1.800.318.6022 (with a record number of calls, anticipate longer wait times). The website will help you determine if you are eligible for unemployment benefits, how to apply for them, how to follow up on a claim, and how to reopen a claim. Click here for a video tutorial on how to log into WorkSource and create SecureAccess Washington (SAW) Account.
You can go to one of the 28 libraries in Pacific, Grays Harbor, Lewis, Mason, and Thurston Counties to access the Internet and apply for jobs, and/or seek help from staff who can connect you with WorkSource staff.
WorkSourceWA.com is a powerful job-matching site. You can use advanced search tools to browse thousands of openings, and/or attend trainings and hiring events.
- Find a location visit WorkSource Office Locator
- View WorkSource Workshop and Hiring Calendar
- Watch WorkSource Tutorial to Create an Account
- Services for dislocated workers
- Assistance for farmworkers
The Pacific Mountain Workforce Development Council (PacMtn) serves Grays Harbor, Lewis, Mason, Pacific, and Thurston Counties
PacMtn oversees the local network of American Job Centers/WorkSource with resources in a variety of industry and employment options. Each of the 28 libraries within Timberland Regional Library is a WorkSource connection site serving all residents.
Service Members, Veterans, and Families Resources
Match your military skills and experiences to civilian careers, search for jobs and learn about and access other benefits for veterans.
- PacMtn Resources for Military and Families
- YouTube video series from PacMtn for Service Members
- US Tech Vets
- Apprenticeships for Veterans
- Career Bridge connect with programs that lead to a civilian job
- CareerOneStop Veteran and Miltary Transition Center
- Find employment, education, and relocation resources just for Military Spouses
- Veterans Connection Café
Mountain View Timberland Library. Call 360-497-2665 for an appointment.
Westport Timberland Library Call 360-268-0521 for an appointment.
- WestCare Washington Locations
Teens and Young Adults Starting Your Career Journey
Explore assessments, apprenticeships, and colleges.