Get a Homeschool Library Card at your Local Timberland Library
TRL provides homeschool accounts to cardholders within the TRL service area, excluding non-annexed, non-contracting cities, unless the homeschooler is a paying non-resident card holder.
These accounts allow homeschoolers to access more materials for a longer check out period. To qualify, you need a current library card with a verified address, and fines below $15.
- Annual renewal
- 5-week checkout periods on most items
- Same checkout and hold limits as regular cards
- Can be linked to your existing account for easy access online
- Homeschool Account application
- Programs and Events for Children and Families
- Computers, Printers, Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Printing (100 free pages of printing per week)
- Homework Help for Kids
- Homework Help for Teens
- Interlibrary Loan – Patrons with a personal library card can check-out materials not in the TRL collection
- Movies (one-week checkout)
- OverDrive ebooks, audiobooks & videos
- TumbleBooks - Always available ebooks for kids
- Scholastic Teachables
- Other Homeschool books
- Online courses for math, writing, technology skills, and many more subjects - Universal Class (must be 16+ to register)
- Online courses for software & tech skills - Linkedin Learning
- Language Learning: Check out Little Pim & Muzzy videos through OverDrive (videos are not accessible through the Libby app). Kids language learning videos also available in Kids Kanopy.
- Pronunicator (language learning for older kids through adults)
- Washington OER (Open Educational Resources) Hub - Platform for sharing K-12 OER materials.
- Family Learning Organization
- Homeschool Foundation - becoming HSLDA Compassion
- Homeschool Legal Defense Association/WA
- Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)
- Olympia Regional Learning Academy
- Running Start High School/College Program
- Washington Homeschool Organization
- Washington State's Laws Regulating Home-Based Instruction