Timberland Regional Library
Executive Director Speaking Engagements
Since 2013, Cheryl Heywood has been Executive Director of the Timberland Regional Library system, spanning 7000 square miles, with 29 libraries in Grays Harbor, Lewis, Mason, Pacific, and Thurston counties.
An invigorating and enthusiastic speaker, Cheryl has provided State of the Library Address updates to State and Local Governments, Chamber, Kiwanis, and Rotary Clubs. She has also provided many radio and print interviews. Cheryl serves on the Pacific Mountain Workforce Development Council, a 27-member Board which oversees WorkSource and additional contracting services, supporting the job seeker and business owner. As a Board member, she has been serving as the lead on the One-Stop Committee, which directly oversees WorkSource operations, and she also serves on their Executive Finance Committee.
Cheryl holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in History from Concordia University and a Master’s degree in Library Studies from McGill University. She is originally from Montreal, Canada. Cheryl is an avid traveler and enjoys outdoor recreational activities such as hiking, biking, and camping.
Interested in inviting Cheryl Heywood to speak at your next meeting, conference, or event? Please email: LibraryDirector@TRLorg to inquire.
- TRL Digital Equity Resources (PDF)
- TRL Digital Literacy Resources (PDF)
- TRL Online Auto Resources (PDF)
- TRL Online Small Business Resources (PDF)
- TRL Fall 2022 Updates (Flipstack PDF)
- Friends of the Library Brochure (Flipstack PDF)
- Memoir Writing Resources Handout (PDF)
- Building Communities, Growing Communities: Partnering for Impact View Adobe Express Page
- Careers, Employment, and Small Business eResources View Adobe Express Pages
- STEM Resources Presentation View Adobe Express STEM Pages
- Oakville City Council, September 25, 7:30 p.m. on Zoom
- Winlock City Council October 9, 6 p.m. on Zoom
- ABerdeen City Council, October 11, 6:30 p.m. on Zoom
View all upcoming district-wide presentations click here.
- 2022 Annual Report (English PDF) (Flipstack)
- TRL Marketing Plan 2023 (PDF)
- TRL Celebration Guidelines 2023 (PDF)
- Legislature Report 2022 (PDF)
Mentions in the Media
- Book found in storage unit returned to Washington library 81 years after due date, June 12, 2023, King 5 News (WEB)
- Amanda Park library could be moved 150 miles to save cost, June 9 2023, King 5 News, (WEB)
- Timberland Regional Library Successfully Serves Community In-Person, Remotely, and In-Between, By Mary Ellen Psaltis (WEB | PDF)
- Check Out Your Future! By Centralia Community Foundation (Posted September 27, 2022) READ (WEB | PDF)
- Grays Harbor Coastal Currents Fall 2022 (Read PDF)
- South Sound Business feature Secrets of Success: 2022
- Meeting with Jessica Bateman, Representative for 22nd District in the Washington House of Representatives Express Video
- Individual Meetings with Steve Tharinger, Representative for 24th District in the Washington House of Representatives, Jim Walsh, Representative for 19th District in the Washington House of Representatives, JT Wilcox, Representative for 2nd District in the Washington House of Representatives Express Video
Sponsored News Articles
We have partnered with these local online news resource websites and provide sponsored articles throughout the year.
View News Releases and eNewsletters issued by Timberland Regional Library at TRL.org/News
Current Promotion MaterialDownloaded images, logos, and artwork on this page may be used for publication with credit: "Source: Timberland Regional Library”
TRL Summer Library Program
- Bilingual Poster about SLP (pdf and jpeg)
- Social Media Images and mp4
TRL Library Toolkit
- Library on the Go Poster (jpg)
- New Technology Poster (jpg)
- TRL New Library Card Choices Flyer (jpg)
- TRL Playaway and Launchpad (jpg)
- WorkSource Help Handout (English and Spanish jpg)
Branding Guidelines Toolkit
- Logos Files (web and print)
- Branding Guidelines
- Color Guide
Quick Reference of Library Services Flyers
|Grays Harbor County||English PDF||Spanish PDF|
|Lewis County||English PDF||Spanish PDF|
|Mason County||English PDF||Spanish PDF|
|Pacific County||English PDF||Spanish PDF|
|Thurston County||English PDF||Spanish PDF|
Join our Media Email ListWould you like to receive upcoming press releases, learn about programs happening at your library, or receive our monthly patron eNewsletter?
Would you like to promote an upcoming library program in your community? Bookmark our Event Calendar search by individual location, type of program, or age group.
Are you on our patron eNewsletter mailing? If not, Subscribe to our monthly eNewsletter.
Because of the large volume of requests we receive, we are only able to respond to inquiries from journalists and members of the media.