How Can You Get a Youth Connect Box?
- Get a Library Card with TRL.
- Fill out the Online Request form below, or call your local library to reserve a box.
- Get notified by phone or email when a Youth Connect Box is ready for pick-up. Boxes can be picked up and returned at any TRL location, including our kiosks.
- Ask library staff at the circulation desk for the Youth Connect Box and they will check it out to you.
- Check-out is for eight weeks and can be renewed twice for a total of 24 weeks.
- No fines. No fees. It's completely free.
Targeted Age Ranges
Each box contains an assortment of between 55-70 children's stories and informational paperbacks chosen to appeal to children and teens. The program is designed to serve four age ranges and a multicultural population:
- Pre-Readers - Children from Birth through Kindergarten (Ages 0-6)
- Beginning Readers – Children from Kindergarten through Grade 3 (Ages 6-8)
- Middle Readers – Children from Grade 3 through Grade 6 (Ages 8-13)
- Teen Readers –Teens from Grade 7 through High School (Ages 13-18)
- Bilingual Pre-Readers/Beginning Readers - with books in English and Spanish
For more information, please contact your local library.