TRL is not currently taking requests for Youth Connect Boxes during COVID-19 due to health & safety concerns,
Please check this page for updates on when the program will become available again.
Future Program information on Connecting Books and Youth - The Timberland Regional Library wants to make it easy for you to share books with the youth your organization serves. TRL lends boxes of children or teen books to locations such as apartment complexes, health care agencies, community centers and after-school programs. No fines. No fees. It's completely free.
How Can You Get a Youth Connect Box?
- Get a Library Card with TRL.
- Fill out the Online Request form below, or call your local library to reserve a box.
- Get notified by phone or email when a Youth Connect Box is ready for pick-up. Boxes can be picked up and returned at any TRL location, including our kiosks.
- Ask library staff at the circulation desk for the Youth Connect Box and they will check it out to you.
- Check out is for eight weeks and can be renewed twice for a total of 24 weeks.
- No fines. No fees. It's completely free.
Targeted Age Ranges
Each box contains an assortment of between 55-70 children's stories and informational paperbacks chosen to appeal to children and teens. The program is designed to serve four age ranges and a multicultural population:
- Pre-Readers - Children from Birth through Kindergarten (Ages 0-6)
- Beginning Readers – Children from Kindergarten through Grade 3 (Ages 6-8)
- Middle Readers – Children from Grade 3 through Grade 6 (Ages 8-13)
- Teen Readers –Teens from Grade 7 through High School (Ages 13-18)
- Bilingual Pre-Readers/Beginning Readers - with books in English and Spanish
For more information, please contact:
Youth Services at Requests@trl.org.